Hello friends, Another successful dinner to report and its picky husband approved!! I was running behind the other night and had to make dinner in less than twenty minutes. Looked in the freezer and pantry and decided to try chicken alfredo. I had never made it in the my pressure cooker before, but thought I should give it a try….the results were amazing and fast! I am finding that I am more adventurous with my instant pot and I am having more successes now than fails! And I am continuously impressed with the ability to leave the kitchen when making a meal. Now that is just awesome! Especially when my three kiddos seem to need me more around meal time! Check out the instant pot on amazon HERE!
- 2 chicken breasts cubed( I always use frozen, because I never plan ahead!)
- 12 ounce bag of egg noodles
- 2 tbs butter
- jar of alfredo sauce or you can make your own (1 cup of whipping cream, 1 tsp garlic, 2 tbs butter, 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese)
- parsley flakes
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- In the instant pot, place the noodles, chicken broth, 2 tbs butter and frozen cubed chicken. Fasten lid, then push manual button and set to ten minutes. I often will place the liquid in first and push the saute button to warm the fluid while I get the ingredients together. This saves time on the pot coming to pressure. It will take a few minutes to come to pressure. While I am waiting for pressure and ten minutes to count down, I make the alfredo sauce if I don’t have any in the pantry.
- Alfredo sauce- In a small pan, melt butter in pan adding 1 cup of whipping cream and simmer for 5 minutes. Add garlic and parmesan cheese and whisk, heating through. Add parsley.
- When the timer beeps on the pressure cooker, open lid and stir noodles and chicken. Add alfredo sauce and stir! Sprinkle parsley flakes on top!
And there you have it, fresh chicken alfredo in less than twenty minutes! The kids and hubby were very happy with dinner tonight! Amazing and fast! hope you enjoy! Subscribe to my blog and share with your friends!