Hello friends! This is one of the most delicious and easiest recipes I have made yet in the awesome instant pot ( check it out HERE). I am always trying to come up with recipes that include one step and this is it! I came up with this easy recipe because my husband loves wild rice and I wanted an easy dinner to incorporate that with some protein, and here developed the easiest recipe I have ever made. You literally put everything in at once and push a button, it’s that easy! And I promise, you wont be disappointed.
- 2 cups of cubed uncooked chicken breast
- 31/2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of wild rice(long grain)
- 2 cups of brown rice
- 2 tbs of butter or olive oil
- 2 tbs of soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional- frozen veggies- 1 cup , either broccoli, peas and carrots or mushrooms
- Take your ingredients and put them in the instant pot. The chicken will be uncooked and if you choose to add veggies, they will be frozen. I have also made it with frozen chicken and it has turned out good too! This recipe is easily doubled!
- Just a quick tip- As I am getting my ingredients ready, I put the chicken broth in the pot and push “saute” and that helps heat things up so the time to come to pressure is less.
- When all ingredients are in the pot, push the multi-grain button. Coming to pressure time does take a few minutes, but then the timer will set to 35 minutes. I do a quick release and it tasted great but you can natural release as well.
This is a favorite in our home and is a great quick and ready to eat dinner, all in one pot. Enjoy!
Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please subscribe to my blog and share with your friends! Any comments or questions are welcome!