Welcome friends! I am more in love with my Instant pot,( get it HERE!) everyday. And I have now conquered my biggest challenge. Yogurt!!! I love yogurt and eat it everyday, as do my children. And I often try to get organic yogurt, but it is soooo expensive. So of course this was a huge money savings for me and my family. I followed the instructions of the instant pot cook book and adjusted things as I went along. I was so impressed with this yogurt and my kids ate it all in one day.
- Half gallon of organic while milk- I used half gallon just to make sure it turned out! you can easily double this recipe
- 2 tbs of yogurt for starter ( I used Chobani) can use any kind of yogurt with active live culture
- 2 tbs vanilla- I used my homemade vanilla, link here!
- 1/4 cup of sugar(optional) can also use honey or maple syrup
- Fruit and granola- for toppings!~Homemade granole, link here!
So this is so easy, don’t be afraid! Get your ingredients together! you do need a thermometer, I use a regular meat thermometer. It worked just great!
- Place your milk in the pot and connect the lid . Push the yogurt button and quickly push the adjust button. You should see the BOIL button. This boils the milk to about 180 degrees. ( this took about 20 minutes for me). It will beep when its done. I always verify with my thermometer.
- You then take out the inner pot out and set it on the counter to cool .You want to cool it to about 115 degrees and then add your starter(1/4 cup of Chobani), the vanilla and sugar. This process of cooling took me about 20 minutes.
- Then you take your inner pot and put it in the cooker ( lid on top) and push the yogurt button again. This time it will say yogrt and start a timer for 8 hours. At the end of 8 hours, the pot will beep.
- You don’t have to strain your yogurt unless you like greek style, which I prefer. (Straining makes it thicker) I wasn’t sure I was going to to this, but it actually was really easy .It actually turns out pretty good even without straining! Straining my yogurt takes about an hour or so. It is personal preference.I used a coffee filter strainer but just ordered a nut bag to make it faster as I can do it all at once!
This was so impressive and delicious! I can’t even believe it. You can control how much sugar and vanilla goes into it. I add fruit and my homemade granola to make the perfect yogurt combination. I was so scared to make this yogurt and it was easier than I imagined. Hope you enjoy it!
If you like my page and recipe, please subscribe to my blog and share with friends. Any questions or comments are welcome! ENJOY!
This site does contain affiliated links. I only recommend products I love and enjoy!